In today’s world, technology has become the backbone of the human race. We cannot deny the fact that in the current global crisis 98% of all the functioning is possible because of tech. This makes us put on our thinking hats and wonder what caused this revolution and thick growth. It all began back in 1975 when the first real software company was established in the world by the name ‘Microsoft’.
- There is likely not one single soul on this planet that hasn’t heard about Bill Gates and Paul Allen, who were not just the founders of this tech giant but also were great childhood friends. They gave birth to the ticking time bomb “Operating System” which blew off the market in no time. Since then, Microsoft has tried to achieve its milestone of putting a P.C on every desk around the globe under the leadership of Satya Nadella in present times.
- The founders were significantly wise at choosing partners and one such partner was IBM who needed a brain for running their bodies and Microsoft was most definite of all. In this partnership, DOS(disk operating system) bridged the gap between the brain and the body.
- All from 1975 to 1987, the American Tech company made remarkably great growth under the roof name of Microsoft. But there were certain user interface failures like BOB, Windows mobile, and Windows phone which lead to the downfall of their profit graph. It is well said that gravity keeps reminding you about its presence. But due to certain failures like ‘Traf-O-Data’ Microprocessors worked and could see the daylight of current times.
- Microsoft provides its users with amazing applications and work stations such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Edge web, Github, Skype, and many more. The newly labeled updates are Microsoft 365, Dynamic 365, and Azure which are cloud-based work stations.
- In 1994, Timex Datalink stood to be the first smartwatch in the line which was capable of downloading information from the computer and was co-developed by Microsoft. These watches were certified by NASA for space travel which has been used by astronauts and cosmonauts in space missions.
Of course, Microsoft being the oldest tech brand in the market, there are various other competitors such as Apple, Google, and many more. In such a dynamic techno-savvy era, Apple and Microsoft are friends and foes alike. Every technology brand has put its best foot forward and raced their ways ahead of one another but Microsoft has managed to join their four dots and still wave their flag high up in the market.